Monday, November 24, 2008

Nothing to lose

Let's call him the rabbit.

The rabbit is an older story of mine. We've been working together for some time, and I haven't quite figured him out so far.

Moreover, he has such a shocking way of pushing everyone away whomever tries to approach him, that one has to just quit ever trying anything near to that.

Why I was still trying, after hitting against this wall of indifference for one too many times, I don't really know. Maybe it's my unshakable belief in discovering the beautiful and good in people.

Fact is, today I talked to him about it, and I am afraid I came over somewhat differently than I wished.

What I wanted to tell him was I wanted to get to know him better.

That I sometimes have the feeling that we could be friends.
That you don't have anything to lose if you reveal some things about yourself.
That beginnings are sometimes harsh, and you have to take some risks, but they are always worth it. Even if you should turn out wrong.
That the people you know and the friends you make throughout your life are everything you are left with in the end.
That I think there is something worth loving in everyone and that discovering that one thing is the most accomplishing feeling you can have in life.

What I actually told him was that I thought he was interesting, although the most introverted person I know.

"If I am so introverted and never talk to you, how can you tell I'm interesting?"

Which brings us to the end of this part: never try to outrun a rabbit. He will always run faster than you can speak out your mind.

No comments: