Monday, April 21, 2008

The new man

"Since I started loving the girl, we don't have wild sex anymore, I just feel like caressing her."
"Why can't I have her, that I want, while the other one keeps ringing me?"
"I love you. Come on, go boheme!"
"I would hook up with another girl, but wouldn't that mean that I am unfaithful to her, whom I really love?"
"It's not like we are surrounded by dozens and dozens of women. Sometimes you have to know your limits."
"I wouldn't have slept with her anyway. Why should I meddle in such a long-term relationship, just for an one-night stand?"

Duck, elephant, turtle, squirrel, kitten, meerkat. Some more. All smart, accomplished and gorgeous men.

Being there for me when I needed a a soft shoulder. Asking why I didn't feel well. Telling me I'm beautiful when I needed it. Crying on my shoulder when he felt week. Making me coffee in the morning. Laughing at me when I felt on the street, but being there to pick me up. Forwarding me an email that I wrote ages ago in which I promised I will never stop being thankful for having friends. Calling when I was ill. Calling when I was happy, just to share. Calling when he was happy. Kissing me on the forehead. Being concerned when I lost too much weight. Telling me to look after his ex, because she is so insecure. Teaching me to love. Calling in the middle of the night. Drunk-sms-ing me just to share a feeling. Communicating. Fighting againgst forbidden feelings. Lying out of insecurity. Falling in love and never admitting it. Being jealous. Never leaving me any other choice but to love him.

The new type of man is responsible, shows feelings, speaks up for himself, is surprisingly emancipated, dreams of one great love and keeps trying.

For this, my dear boys, I bow to you.


LE: This post was a thank you note for all the support I received from my friends over the last weeks, even if I was so stupid as to keep silence on my need for it. I am very thankful for having you, my dears.

5 comments:

the Sundancer said...

Can I get to meet this guy? :))) Just kidding, already have ;-)

jafb said...

well the male character is really fading this days ... Besides this main attraction to female form ... they are getting gayer and gayer.
I guess the world will adapt to every need so if you need this type of boys ... you shall have this ... it's only evolution.

What every bone in me thinks now is that you girls did this by being smarter, more direct, more independent.
This fight will last for all ages. I'm not looking to win but just being in balance with what i like, need, get, give, show, do.

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't say it's fading. I think men, just like women, are very complex. There's nothing gay in being in love, or showing that you care about a friend.
What I meant with this post was to give an argument against prejudice. There shouldn't be a fight between sexes, as we have nothing to fight about.
What we do have, however, is something to fight for: happiness. No limits there, isn't it?

jafb said...

In that case you're right in every aspect. everyone can be everyone ... i just really hope that there is somewhere out there the perfect chemistry.

Anonymous said...

Even better - there's more than one perfect chemistry :-)).