Yesterday evening, the duck was depressed. It was one of the rare times he shared some of his feelings with me, with a sincerity and openness that startled me at first, only to leave me speachless and feeling guilty afterwards.
He told me about his insecureness, and his being terrified of failure, and I understood what he said but wasn't able to do what he needed. Suddenly I started talking loads and loads of sense and non-sense into him, hoping that between the many many words I would be able to say something to reach him. I hoped to make him understand how valuable he is and determine him to share.
He listened, looked at me,turned away and left.
I guess I never asked him what role he wants me to play in his life.
Thursday, November 08, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I think I'm starting to understand this post differently, in the light of your last post today... but you know, freedom is always feeling that you can share. There is so much more I would like to tell you, to warm you up a bit... but you are already so nice and warm, that people who fail to see your fire have probably never had their nose-tips electrified :-)
Hug you dear, things have a funny way of working out fine.
Post a Comment