In my personal history, there are two persons that made feel sorry for being born too late. They are both married with children an in a totally different phase of their lives than me, and although I feel we could have this magnificent connection, I can't pursue it, for they can't relate to life at the same as I can [anymore?].
One of them is the chameleon. The chameleon was the perfect man. He slipped into these different characters, could be a sunny afternoon and a stormy morning at the same time, was a historian but also a talented consultant, pursued his Ph.D but was also a dedicated father, could pierce you with his eyes but also help you move your furniture, was a boss, but also a colleague, was totally intriguing but at the same time made you feel safe. He was one of the first persons to make me blush but at the same time feel secure. He moved away over night and I never saw him again. If I had met him 10 years ago, he might have changed my life.
The other one is the beaver. The beaver is still a part of my life in some way. He is this totally insecure messed up little person, with great potential but total lack of sense, with noble feelings but failing to pursue his dreams, with great beliefs but a total mediocre life, but still, with a great empathy for other people and the wish to make things better. Whenever I talk to him, I feel like holding him and telling him what a great person he is and how he can still live up to his expectations, but I guess he is too messed up to even care about his [former?] dreams anymore. At some point in his life, something must have gone terribly wrong, so he lost his balance and has been stumbling ever since. If I had met him 10 years ago, I might have changed his life.
HERO OF THE DAY: The butterfly, for having waited 24 years for the perfect kiss.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment