Oo, six years is a very long time, the little mouse said, when I told him how I have chatted with the bear today, and the bear and I go waaay back. We broke up some six years ago, I told him, and sometimes it's still awkward when we talk.
Like today. Talking to the bear was like wrapping my mind in rubber gloves. I had to pay attention all the time, because I had the feeling that I would scare him off if we got too personal or if I asked him some nice and private question that comes from the heart, like: "So how are you?"
So we kept chatting about work and school and about easy and difficult and funny things in our lives, paying attention not to get too personal. Why that was? I dunno. But it was a pity, because we used to have this great connection.
Being so concentrated to not offend him in any way and not to give him the impression that I wanted to pick up where we left, I failed to tell him the one thing that was important: "It was nice talking to you again".
Guess friendship and pride are no match after all.
UPDATE: I talked to the bear again this evening. It was like old times, we had a lot of fun and couldn't stop laughing. It was nice putting pride in a drawer and just being friends again.
Wednesday, November 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment