Thursday, September 11, 2008

Distant readings

Some relationships are doomed to never happen. Like when you meet at work, for instance, and working together requires a certain kind of distance, and you don't dare to show weakness or think pink around the other person.

But there is always some kind of distant revealing, which keeps you save and somewhat anonymous, but also lets the others have a glance at your deeper, inner self.

That's why I'm happy that of my former colleagues have started (or revealed that they always have been) blogging. Reading her, her or his blog leaves me feeling like I have known them forever and, no matter what will come, this could be going on.

What makes me even happier in all this is not only that they write, but that they write good and surprisingly beautiful, and that I came to read their posts not only out of interest and the desire to keep in touch, but out of sheer pleasure of reading and of getting in touch with their thoughts and ideas.

Very impressive: this and this.

And, out of topic but dedicated to the chick and her demons, this.

PS. If I ever wrote a nonsense book about my life, it would have deep green covers and a golden title. As I sometimes feel so old, that I guess I should write my book in gothic characters.
How would you picture your life-book-cover?

No comments: