Monday, August 25, 2008

Mad post

Sometimes I can't help but thinking that the most depressive people are the ones who get obsessively bored with their lives.

So I know this girl, let's call her the pussy-cat. The pussycat has never had a real job in her entire life, although she's almost 27 now. She still lives with her parents and, although not being without some kind of intelligence and beauty, she has neither a boyfriend nor any close friends.
She isn't interested with anything that happens outside her narrow little universe*, has no clue about human relationshipping and keeps obsessing about her sad little life and the fact that fate was so deeply unfair with her, as she has nothing that could make her feel accomplished and attractive to others.

Here's where I have to say - that's true. My dear, life is no passive item that goes by unacknowledged, nor any beforehand established chain of events that will happen no matter what your actions are or are not. I think the power to change lies with ourselves, and weeping about our sad little existence will not lead to major changes, nor to any kind of alteration in our relationships.

So if you feel unattractive and unloved and lonely beyond the usual ups and downs that pass us all in the course of our lives - it's probably true and that's who you are.

Now if you expect mercy and pity from my part - it will not come. For I don't see how myself showing pity could ever help you get along with your oh-so-miserable existence. Moreover, don't expect me to be your friend out of pity - as I never was a mercy-fuck to anybody and don't intend to start with it at this old age.

I never had any understanding for whiners, as I have been meeting real misery and suffering during the years and that doesn't ever match up with weeping. So if you want me to help you solve your problem, or listen to you - I will, gladly. However long it takes, if at the end I can see you getting on your feet and taking charge of your life again, I will be there for you.

But if the mere intention of your weeping is me mercy-fucking you (physically or intellectually), you're barking up the wrong tree. I never was extraordinary merciful and never pitied out of pure desire to come over as a "good" person. Moreover, I don't think that my role as a friend or listener is to feel sorry for you, but to make you see beyond your own (subjective) point of view and don't get stuck on preconceived ideas.

I guess that doesn't make me a desirable person after all, but I really hope that for my special few it makes me a better friend.

*Quotation from the pussycat, when some guy told her he went to Afghanistan: "So did you go there on vacation? How was it?"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really enjoyed this post, particularly liked the wording (life is no passive item that goes by unacknowledged, nor any beforehand established chain of events).

One quick tip: I believe the corect phrasing is "barking UP the wrong tree".

Bob said...

Thanx,anonymous.

nobody said...

Better friend or a harsh one, it's yourself! And friends who keep you close...they know why!