Thursday, March 27, 2008

Killing me softly

“Guess what?”
“What?”
“My seminar paper was a killer! “
“Wow, how’s that?”
“What can I say, I’m smart.Guess what else?”
“Tell me.”
“I broke a rib.”
“Say what?”
“Yepp, on my karate practice.”
“You started fighting?”
“Aaaaa, some two years ago.”
“Cool.”
“And guess what else?”
“What?”
“I’m single again.“

F*ck.

Two hours later, I had gone through one of the saddest experiences of the last period.

Having to comfort a bear who was left by a woman who was longing for more freedom, seeing one of the strongest and most gorgeous men I know broken and hurt, hearing him tell me that she was the first woman he loved after me, that he just can’t handle being alone right now, that he would start another relationship, but what if she came back to him?, seeing the wheel turn in such an ungrateful manner on his life, just broke my heart.

I wanted to comfort him, to hold him like a child and tell him it was only a bad dream and it ended, but I knew you just can’t fix a broken heart from the outside.
Also that it will work out eventually, that maybe she will realize she did a great mistake in leaving him, that it hurts now and it will get better, that at the end of the day we can bear more than we thought we could. That he’s too gorgeous to be sad.

But seeing him, the strong, optimistic, funny and full of energy man I know and love turn out to be so fragile, made me wonder: If love makes even a bear cry, what chance could the rest of us stand?

No comments: