Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Bear

Out of the blue, the turtle popped the question: “I think over the past period you changed, as you are not what I remembered you to be. Does it not affect your relationship with the duck?”

Shocker.

And- more of a shocker – my first reaction was to defend myself. I guess in some prospect I felt aggressed by the turtle’s question although, when looking back, I guess it was only some kind of give and take, as usually I was the one popping all uncomfortable questions:).

I fuzzed something about mutual trust and how two people who share so much can accept changes in the other.

But still, the question kept running through my head: How does your change affect the persons next to you?

I started this blog with writing about life and that as long as it bears change, it is worth living after all. But what about love? Is love meant to remain steady in times of change? If you change, will your feelings towards the person next to you remain constant? And moreover, will his feelings towards you remain the same? How much change does a relationship bear after all?

I went home and passed the question on to the duck. He raised an eyebrow: “you change, hellyeah, but I change too! So what?”

And suddenly it was all clear. Love bears change to the extent where the lovers don’t start wishing for different things in life. As long as you keep sharing the same dreams, you can bear change in the person next to you.

When looking back at my relationship with the duck, I guess that’s what kept us going for the past one thousand years since we’ve been together. We are two very distinct and extremely different persons who are bound to each other by the same dreams and hopes. Top that?

2 comments:

vladimir said...

realy nice desi ai devenit vorba ta defenisiva desi nu era cazu
si da you can not top that dar odata ce incepi sa aprofundezi lucrurile ele incep sa mai vina si de la sine dar asa la first line of sight de obicei lucrurile sunt mai reale ca sa zic asa si raspunsurile mai putin gandite si mai mult simtite

Bob said...

da, sunt mai frumoase raspunsurile fara premeditare. dar si intrebarea era prea neasteptata ca sa raspund numai oral, n'est-ce pas?
in plus, parca prea ne e frica de schimbare.
cum zicea tata caragiale: “Din doua una, dati-mi voie: ori sa se revizuiasca, primesc! Dar sa nu se schimbe nimica; ori sa nu se revizuiasca, primesc! dar atunci sa se schimbe pe ici pe colo, si anume in punctele... esentiale... Din aceasta dilema nu puteti iesi... Am zis!”.

:)