Saturday, March 15, 2008

Arcadia reloaded

Some moments in life leave you with such a feeling of completion, that you know that nothing more to follow will ever beat it. The more miraculous it is when you live many such moments in a row, every each and one being more spectacular in its own way than the previous.

Today, as promised some time ago, I will talk about the squirrel, who is maybe the main reason for a series of sheer unforgivable nice times I have had over the past weeks.

The main reason why the squirrel is a squirrel in the first place, is this enormous energy he has and spreads around him. I think I have never seen the squirrel stand still - even when he sits, his eyes have a glare so alive, that it's like he was moving after all. Hell, even his writing is so nervous and alive, that when reading it, you have the feeling that whole paragraphs have been written in one breath.

On second thought, I guess this is what makes him so blatantly different: his mind is so mobile and of such a bright intelligence, that everything else about him must have adapted to this.

But the thing that made me give him a five star spot in my blog and in my life was the this great warmth and openness he showed me from day one. When living in the midst of people who put "political correctness" over oppinions, feelings and sometimes even over people, meeting a person who is willing to take some risks in order to be your friend is like taking a breath of fresh air after years of living in a dungeon.

For that, dear squirrel, you are on the quick way to becoming one of my best friends. Hmmm...for that and because you somehow knew that, with my friends, I am a hugger and not a kisser :-).

No comments: