Monday, November 12, 2007

How the kitten made my day

Today I met the kitten and the chick again for a short cup of coffee - a very short cup of coffee, as we all had shit to do...

However, in the short time we talked, the kitten managed to stunt me again: when looking back to the last 6 years of my life, he said, I can't see more than a dozen things I would do exactly the same if I had the choice.

Yeah, I answered, but if you hadn't lived the way you did, you wouldn't be the person you are right now anymore.

Yeah, the kitten answered, that's exactly my point.

I never was the reflective type - my life is a continuum of heres and nows, and I never really stopped to think about the past and what went wrong or right in my life. Actually, I always regarded the past as something that is given to you and that couldn't be changed.

But on second thought, actually, I think you could change something, as your individual past is build up of all your memories and the weight you give them in your personal history. And while facts cannot be altered, the way you relate to them can. So you can chose to have happy memories or sad ones, to have done wonderful things or wicked ones, and finally, to love who you have become or hate it.

HERO OF THE DAY: The kitten. He might not be able to change his past, but he is definitely able to change his future.

No comments: