Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Ghost town

I guess this is how ghosts must feel like - if ghosts are, as I want them to be, capable of feelings.

You quit one world and then you go back to manage a smooth departure, but there's something strange in you being there. It's like the universe is set and done and you are disturbing it by your mere presence. You don't really fit in here anymore, and they are embarrassed and don't know what to say when meeting you. People pass you without actually seeing you, because they long agreed with your passing on.

Sometimes it's actually funny being talked to as a ghost. Because people only want to ask you about your departure, as that's the only thing that really interests them. But as the departure is taboo for a ghost, they talk around it, about weather and stuff.

Fact is, I'm a friendly ghost after all. I didn't come back to haunt anyone, just hanging around and smiling to people. A Harry-Potter-Ghost, if you want, still part of this world as I still feel linked to it. Maybe that's why people smile back, although they don't feel connected after all.

And luckily, there are still the pets who know how to talk to ghosts.

3 comments:

Marius said...

You are so right !! I think people don't know what to say to you..(and it's not you,this happened to all, I'm sure it will happen to me..) "Just smile and waive "- it's stupid..If I would ask you, I wouldn't ask you about your departure, I would just ask you: "-Why?". But I won't. Guess we are all "friendly ghosts, after all" :)).

Bob said...

Well, if you don't ask, I won't answer that sometimes it's time for a ghost to move on. Even for a friendly one:).

the Sundancer said...

Ghosting is cool :) the funniest thing is to observe all the people TRYING, as in really investing effort in not talking about what they really want to ask you. Which is: Why did you leave? Help us understand, maybe your reasons apply to us and... Just help us see what is wrong :)))