Being in a strange place always made me feel unusually comfortable. Beyond having to walk undercover between people I know I will not see again, it is a nice feeling to know that I could be whomever I want to. I can play a tramp or an aristocrat, be a vamp or a saint, no matter what I did, the strangeness of the place will keep me safe from curious eyes.
Maybe that is why my life evolved around foreign places, because I somewhat secretly wished to play all these different characters before i settled for one that was to stick around for the rest of my life.
Somewhat in my history i finally settled for this imperfect, sometimes neurotic, often alchoholic, self ironic and in love with life character. But, to answer a question the squirrel launched today, we are not only what we chose to be, but we are whom we love. And that, my dears, is always surprising and new.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment