People do strange things out of fear of being alone. I guess the world around us moves so fast, that we sometimes feel the pressure to have something to stick to.
It hit me blatantly over the past period, when I’ve seen relationships (and also friendships) based on so many compromises and such ignorance of the other person’s character that it was actually just living his own loneliness next to another person.
People fool themselves into being in love, they stick to past and present relationships which in the best case didn’t make them happy and in the worst made them almost suicidal, they raise ghosts from the past out of fear of the shadows of the present, they turn back and turn around looking for some sign of familiarity.
Or they stick with what they got and try to change the stranger next to them into something that would give more sense to their loneliness.
Do I think it’s a good idea? Hellno! ...Guess it's an acknowledged truth that not being alone doesn't equal not being lonely.
Would I judge? Err…the (wo)man without fault should throw the first stone…
Monday, March 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Would that contain friends who hardly see one another any more and only comment on one another's blogs? :-)
Or even worse, who don't give any signs of them anymore, even when written to?
When do you realise the loneliness you're in?
Actually, I think that worse than that is simulating relationships just in order to not be alone.
Other than that, every one of us has moments when he cocoons in himself and doesn't want any contact with the outside world, I think that's not so bad after all.
But I wouldn't bet my life on that...
Yeah... :) Me neither.
However, these times are mostly short-lived and then return to real life is on.
When having friends you know they are there for you, even if they don't give a sign of them for ages.
Because you should know they love you.
You might be alone for some time, but never never never lonely.
All of us do strange things when we are alone but to base a friendship ore a relationship only on the hope of not being alone is not ok not to mention to base the friendship/ relationship on compromises and ignorance because that is even worse.
On the other hand no matter how hard you try you cannot fool yourself into being in love because that is only an illusion, illusion that will pass because you will not discover anything familiar in an illusion.
Hmmm...never faked a relationship?
As I was saying, let him who is without sin throw the first stone...
not one that metered ;)
Great minds think alike:-). Sorry if I was too harsh on you.
Post a Comment