Another beautiful quote from the little mouse today: “I think contemporary people over-emphasize the meaning of life”, he said, following a conversation we had about one wanting more for himself, and wanting even more for his/her children. “People are consuming life to the bone”, he followed, and I knew that no matter what followed, he had said it all.
Yes, and if we can’t have it all, we look for completion in others.
The turtle had told me today that he wanted a partner to be the opposite of him.
And I am sorry I couldn’t reply to him that we only can find completion inside ourselves and never in others. It’s a tremendous weight to put on a relationship when waiting for the other to be everything or parts of what we are not. And it always leads to disappointment and greave, because you find that the other can never rise up to what you expect and miss.
The mouse asked me why I couldn’t say that to the turtle. I don’t really know. Maybe because the turtle is new in my blog and in my life. Maybe because it hasn’t occurred to me then that it was what I wanted to say. Maybe because in certain matters I am also guilty as charged.
HERO OF THE DAY: The little mouse. Too bad there will be no other little mice anymore. But then again, his uniqueness is what makes him so special.
Monday, February 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I disagree with both :-) I just want someone who can make me happy, regardless of what he is like - different or identical to me.
Post a Comment