Sunday, August 31, 2008

Judge and jury

Judgmental chain of the week:

The eagle judged the duck for being too nice, and his mother for being too old-fashioned. The duck's mother judged the eagle for being too young and careless with the real existence problems, and some friend for being a religious fanatic and calling his mother a whore (because she dyes her hair). The guy judges his parents for not accepting the "only right religion". The parents judge their friends for letting them down when they had problems with their over religious son. The friends judge the eagle's mother for being too nice with her son. The eagle's mother judges the ducks mom, for not accepting people as they are.

I judge the duck's sister, for not being able to say NO. I myself am judged by my boss, for not wearing the right clothes at work.

Among a whole lot of meaningless bull, there's one thing the pussycat said that arose some questions in my mind: who are you to judge?

No-one. I am no-one to judge, for if one thing is true, is that neither of us is perfect.

And if we all stop there for a second and watch the judgmental chain, it's for little meaningless things that we judge, and not for life-altering, world-changing differences.

In this prospect, I dedicate this post to open-mindedness and invite myself to lose the arrogance that sometimes, in stressful moments, catches up with me.

HERO OF THE DAY: The duck, for being the only non-judgmental pet i know.

2 comments:

the Sundancer said...

Oh, but judging is very much fun at times :)))))

Bob said...

:)))) It is, it is. I miss you, dear.