Wednesday, April 16, 2008

On happiness

Being happy and making yourself happy requires a lot of guts.

It’s so much easier to be sad and miserable; all people around you are feeling for you, they are comforting you and sharing all their attention with you.

While misery awakes compassion, happiness is often misunderstood. Not the beautiful, but the ugly and mad links people, because we all rather tend to find ourselves in the misery of other people than in their beauty.

I guess happy people must be either fools or fighters.

14 comments:

vladimir said...

let's call them fighters...because they fight to be happy in a world were for many people happiness is a concept long gone....

Anonymous said...

Or fools, for taking a piss against the wind?

Unknown said...

anca? as in anca pavel? :) foarte dragutz ce scrii tu aici...imi place mult.
i'd say foolish fighters, but foolsih in a childish and sweet and innocent way! being happy requires a lot more fight than being miserable. I guess :)

Anonymous said...

hey,si mie imi place mult mult blogul tau :-).
here's another question: can we be happy grown-ups or are we required to maintain a certain degree of innocence in order to be happy?

jafb said...

if happiness was a game loosing will make you a fool and winning will make you a fighter. Anyhow playing it's a must. putting everything on the line it's a must.
Can we establish any rules for this? I guess not or i don't know...

Anonymous said...

I would rather say that if it were a game, playing it would make you a fighter and not playing a fool.
First rule - never stop playing.
Any other rules?

the Sundancer said...

There are no rules. I am a happy fighter and sometimes more than an educated fool :)))

the Sundancer said...

Remember what I said about boundaries, that I am happier since I have eliminated the word? Since then I've also fought for my right to be a fool :)))

Anonymous said...

This makes my crappy day look better all of a sudden -fight for our right to be fools.
Are only fools able of real happiness, Danachen?

the Sundancer said...

Well that depends on your view of me Liebes :))) if I look like a fool to you, then probably yes :))) Did I tell you that some time ago I learned to gradually quit thinking? It seems to help and it freed up my life very much.
http://sundance-kiddo.blogspot.com/2007/11/simplifying-myself.html

Anonymous said...

:-))). And what are the things that really matter? Honest question, 'cause a fairly unimportant matter ghosts through my brain for weeks and keeps my mind much too busy, as I can't stop thinking of it...
Does that make it important indeed, or does it make me a fool after all?
[You know I adore your way of thinking. And of not thinking, if it really worked out for you:-))]

the Sundancer said...

What really matters is love. Simple, unexpecting, open love and enjoyment of people, of things, even of breathing. Dedicating yourself to thinking with your senses.

Anonymous said...

Eben das geht in diesem Fall nicht. Ich denke nämlich, dass mich diesmal nicht die Liebe, sondern das Nichtlieben retten wird. Wenn das überhaupt möglich ist bei einem Menschen der so verliebt in die Liebe ist wie ich...

the Sundancer said...

Das bedarf einer laengeren diskussion. That's why I am a pragmatic dreamer.