If I had the choice, I would live my life moving from one hotel to another, changing between different homes and not leaving any marks.
When you leave a hotel, the staff is so eager to eradicate any trace of you being there, that it's like you had never existed at all. Every room is sanitized and arranged in order to make place for another, who will feel like home here for some days and then be expelled himself.
I always liked this feeling of passing. Being in one place (in one soul?) for a short time, and then moving on for another, not leaving any marks but being part of its beautiful history. I have lived in some souls like that and I will always remember them dearly.
But fact is, now it's time to move on.
Wednesday, April 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Mhhh strange.
It's always time to move on ... in or out ... closer or away, towards or apart ...
And i definitely hate hotels and mostly when i'm alone in them. Nothing familiar nothing close ... although everything is there, yours ... nothing there gives you joy ... or even the remote feeling of belonging.
I'm just a passenger (there's a song like this) ... and a hotel remains unmarked when leaving ... this is bad to the soul ... dark actually.
I never linked the feeling of ownership to the one of belonging.
Maybe that's why I often felt "homy" in the strangest places, where no soul knew who I was and nothing was my own.
It might be strange, but that's why this post is market "for myself".
Post a Comment