I just turned down a an offer you just can't refuse. The guy stopped breathing for just a moment there, when I told him, and I was all nervous and insecure when saying it.
Thing is, I had a bad feeling about it from the beginning. It was a fantastic job and they wanted me although...and in spite of..., but still, they couldn't convince me. I guess what employers often forget when they interview you, is that you are interviewing them back at the same time. And if they can't convince you as people, you would have to be a simpleton indeed to think that they would convince you as an institution.
It's just like marriage: when you marry, you are part of an institution. But you go to bed every night with the person next to you, and definitely not with the institution.
So, guess I enjoy the people I'm next to right now more than I could have enjoyed the other one. See, Mr. turkey, I stay here also because of you, although....and in spite of....
Monday, December 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment